Finger Weeders (2019)
Manufacturer Part Number:
Price: $153.00 - $190.00
The 2019 redesign offers the ability to bolt on a variety of shank options from flat to square.
Specifically designed for in-row cultivation, the finger weeder uproots small and just emerging weeds. The ground engaging steel drive plate turns the flexible polyurethane fingers at a faster speed to "flick" out emerging weeds at the hair stage.Features:
- Suitable for almost all crops planted in rows with a sufficient distance between the rows
- Good on light to medium-heavy clay soils
- Best when combined with implements such as vegetable knives or spyders that run in front
- Optimum weed stage: Cotyledon to 2-leaf
- Optimum Crop Size: When properly rooted
Reduce your impact - Maximize your results
In-row cultivation is a challenging part of any farm operation. Finger weeders make this job easier, by reducing the need for hand hoeing and ensuring small, germinating weeds are tossed out.
How it works:
- The polyurethane fingers turn in between the crop row, driven by the steel fingers, dislodging small weeds.
- Ball-bearing construction ensures trouble free operation.
- Ideal for use in well established brassicas like broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- The Finger weeder is suitable for weeding at typical cultivation speeds.
High Efficiency Weed Removal
Research has shown a weed reduction of 60 percent is feasible by using finger weeders. Finger weeders are most effective when stacking with tools that run in front of the fingers such as beet knives and torsion weeders. This percentage could be increased to 90 percent by combining the finger weeder with a torsion weeder.Tips:
- Increase the distance between fingers to reduce aggressiveness and decrease the distance to increase aggressiveness
- Soil that is dry or mostly dry is preferable
- Operating implements such as vegetable knives, cutaway discs, or spyders in front of the finger weeders will improve their effectiveness
- Cultivating too early or too aggressively can uproot plants
- For young crops: Begin with 1" between fingers
- For established crops: 2" max overlap depending on the type of crop
|Tilmor Part Number||AW-9040||AW-9003|
|Weight||8 lbs.||8 lbs.|
|California Residents||WARNING: Click here for more information on Proposition 65|
|Warranty||Limited 1 year warranty to original owner. Click here for more information.|