Manufacturer Part Number:
Price: $55.00 - $110.00
- Replaces disc hillers
- Mulches and aerates soil
- Leaves no "smooth shoulder" next to plants
- Conserves moisture
- Made of 1/4 inch long wearing, special steel
Complete Spyder assemblies coming soon!
The Spyder has been an important cultivation tool for growers since it was designed, manufactured and sold by the Bezzerides Brothers Inc. located in Orosi, California.
Because the Bezzerides Brothers no longer produce the Spyder, Tilmor has received permission to manufacture and sell this important tool once again.
- Bezzerides Spyder blade left part number is 3050
- Bezzerides Spyder blade right part number is 3060
- Run at slow speeds to pull soil and weeds away from the row and fracture close to the row in small crops.
- Run at slow speeds or higher speeds straight to fracture close to the row and act as rolling shield to guard young crops.
- Great option to use when pulled behind horse drawn equipment for hilling as they will work at slower speeds unlike a sweep that must be run faster.
- In more mature crops they can be angled in to throw soil into the row and fracture soil in the row to bury larger weeds and cover the base of larger crops to stimulate new root growth and a deeper aerobic zone in your fields.
- At any stage they can be run in tandem with sweeps, hoes, or points to fracture and tumble the soil and create a beautiful non-slabbed soil structure behind your cultivator pass.
- The unique design allows for operation in heavier soil without slabbing and/or crusting that results from a hilling disk or other more conventional tools.
- Excellent tools to pair with finger weeders in heavier soil to fracture ahead of the fingers then the fingers can flick weeds out of the soil in the row.
- Good to pair with torsion weeders to get right into the row when weeding young crops.
- Rebuild and weed bed shoulders when run at a high speed and angled in.
Install Spyders on each side of the plant row with teeth toward the plants and pointing downward at the rear. When the curved teeth point "up" at the rear, their action is more severe. They should operate approximately at a forty five degree angle to the row at desired depth.
|Name||Right Hand Spyder Only||Left Hand Spyder Only||12" Spyder Replacement - Right/Left Pair|
|Tilmor Part Number||AW-1144||AW-1145||49.0120|
|Weight||5 lbs.||5 lbs.||10 lbs.|
|California Residents||WARNING: Click here for more information on Proposition 65|
|Warranty||Limited 1 year warranty to original owner. Click here for more information.|