Manufacturer Part Number:
Price: $8.35 - $146.70
- These are designed for use on a universal straight shank with 2 slots adjustable for pitch.
- These weeding knives feature a round turn shape which enables surgical precision cultivation on bed shoulders and ridges.
- 2 slots for 3/8" Carriage Bolts with bolt centers 1-1/4" to 2" - Hardware included with purchase of Round Shank - 1-1/4"
- Excellent knives for working on shoulders of beds and ridges with minimal degradation of the definition of the ridges or beds.
- Because they are sharp and angled and adjustable they are able to sever weeds and clean bed shoulders with minimal soil disturbance but effective weed kill. In this way they work in a similar way to tender plant hoes just inverted.
- They weed and pull soil away from bed shoulders and edges of ridges. The system works best as a right/left pair followed by more aggressive sweeps, spyders, or ridging attachments in the middle of the row to throw soil back out to rebuild the bed shoulders or ridges.
- As with any cultivation system, try to cultivate before weeds emerge for the best success. Also make sure that your basic fertility needs are met and calcium base saturation levels are adequate. Covering these basics will help to reduce weed pressure and allow for easier cultivation, better soil structure, and more vigorous crops. As always try to cultivate when soil moisture is ideal especially on the last cultivation if possible. Scout early and scout often.
|Name||Crescent Hoe - 6 x 1/4 - Right/Left Pair||Crescent Hoe - 6 x 1/4 - Left||Crescent Hoe - 6 x 1/4 - Right|
|Tilmor Part Number||49.0106||AW-3050||AW-3049|
|Weight||3.6 lbs.||1.8 lbs.||1.8 lbs.|
|California Residents||WARNING: Click here for more information on Proposition 65|
|Warranty||Limited 1 year warranty to original owner. Click here for more information.|