- Beet hoes are designed for use on a universal straight shank with 2 slots for pitch adjustment
- Create more disturbance in soil
- Run flat and beside crop early in season
- Later in the season reverse left and right and put the nose down and they throw a significant amount of soil into the row
- 2 slots for 3/8" Carriage Bolts with bolt centers 1-1/4" to 2"
- These weeding knives can be run flat and beside crop early in season to pull soil away from the crop and kill weeds and mix soil 1-2" deep. In this respect they are similar to the tender plant hoes. But because of the twist in the knife it tumbles the soil and will bury more residue and kill more weeds.
- Later in the season these hoes can be run with the nose down and 1-5" deep in the soil to throw soil into the row, sever and bury weeds, encourage crop root growth, and stimulate a deeper aerobic zone in your fields. These will do a much better job hilling and tumbling soil than the tender plant hoes but will also work well earlier in the season.
- These hoes would work well and be complemented by s-tine shovels, spyders, and finger weeders run at 1-2" overlap so that the complete pass will be worked on each row.
- As with any cultivation system, try to cultivate before weeds emerge for the best success. Also make sure that your basic fertility needs are met and calcium base saturation levels are adequate. Covering these basics will help to reduce weed pressure and allow for easier cultivation, better soil structure, and more vigorous crops. As always try to cultivate when soil moisture is ideal especially on the last cultivation if possible. Scout early and scout often.
|Name||Beet/Bean Hoe 7"||Beet/Bean Hoe 9"||Beet/Bean Hoe 13"|
|Tilmor Part Number||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Manufacturer Part Number||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Weight||0 lbs.||0 lbs.||0 lbs.|
|California Residents||WARNING: Click here for more information on Proposition 65|
|Warranty||Limited 1 year warranty to original owner. Click here for more information.|